Yummy, light and healthy; that is what I would describe this dish. I got the recipe from www.yummy.ph. According to the author, you can also use the tomato-based sardine, the hot and spicy, or any other variety. Next time I will try the tomato-based sardine.
Olive Oil and Spanish Sardines Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved oil from bottled sardines
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines
- 5 cups cooked capellini or any flat pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 sardine fillets for garnish
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and oil from sardines. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Add flaked sardines and cook for a minute. Toss in cooked capellini pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place two sardine fillets on top to garnish.
25,250 total views, 16 views today