We just love stir fries. They’re delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare. Whenever we are having this at home, there will be no leftover rice, for sure.
So, if you’re tired of creamy broccoli, broccoli with oyster sauce and steamed broccoli, try doing a stir fry.
Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 1?2 lbs boneless pork tenderloin chops, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1?2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Japanese Mirin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1?4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine pork, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 teaspoons ginger juice, sesame oil, and Mirin. Toss to coat. Marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- When you're ready to cook, remove pork from marinade, pat dry with paper towel. Do not discard the marinade. In the same bowl with the marinade, add remaining soy sauce, 1 cup chicken stock, and cornstarch. Mix well, set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add the pork and stir-fry until they are no longer pink, about two minutes. Tip: Do it in batches and do not overcrowd the pan, so they will cook quickly. Transfer pork to plate and cover with foil.
- In the same pan, add the onion, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add remaining garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 ginger juice. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and the pork back to the pan, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
5,963 total views, 2 views today